Call it what you will but I assure you that if we all do our part this will make everyone’s lives easier if we all follow a few simple rules when it comes to gym etiquette.
1. Be on time. It is our promise to you that we will always start classes on time. If you are late you will have to wait until the next class. If you show up after the warm-up you MUST wait until the next hour, no exceptions.
2. When you take equipment out, put it back. We have moved the gear enough times ourselves; we do not need to do it again and again every day too.
3. In conjunction with that rule, do not start to put away your equipment until everyone has finished. There is nothing worse than killing yourself to finish, while people are putting away their equipment already. Feel free to encourage them while you wait. Trust me, it will be you one day trying to finish while everyone is helping you out!
4. If you bleed, sweat, cry or otherwise leave body fluid during a workout on anything clean it up (this includes the floor!) with the disinfecting wipes that we have provided for you. There is nothing worse than grabbing a piece with someone else’s mystery fluid on it.
5. If it hurts… let a Coach know they will know what to do and they will help. If it is serious do not “just push through it.” Live to workout another day. It will be worth it.
6. Lift heavy, move fast BUT ALWAYS STAY IN CONTROL.
7. Bring friends. Lots of them. We will give you 50% off your next month as thanks for helping out the little guy.
8. Saturday’s are always free and so is your first class.
9. Check your ego at the door. There is no place for it in here; it will only get in everyone’s way like dirty underwear on the bed after a good date.
10. The Coach is the final translator of (any and) all rule violations and interpretations. Violation penalties could include death, public lashing, and even worse… burpees. In all seriousness just check these out they are simple to follow and I assure you as your Coach that everyone will follow these, even our fearless owners. If you take care of this part of it, we will take care of the rest.
EMOTM for 12 Minutes complete:
2 Deadlifts (start heavy and finish heavy while increasing weight as needed. But never jeopardizing form)
5 Rounds for time of:
10 Deadlift @60% of what you lifted last
50 Double Unders
Rest 90 Seconds between sets